Effective Date: March 6, 2023
Clearwave Fiber (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https://www.clearwavefiber.com/ (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
We have implemented reasonable and appropriate safeguards to protect your information from unauthorized access and improper use. While no website or service provider can guarantee complete security, we employ security technologies and procedures to help protect the confidentiality of your personal information (defined below).
2. Limited Territory
We provide the Website for use only by persons located in the United States, excluding California and Nevada (the “Territory”). We make no claims that the Website or any of their content is accessible or appropriate outside of the Territory. Access to the Website may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. The Website is not intended for and should not be accessed or used outside the Territory or by those who reside outside the Territory.
3. Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will, in our sole discretion, delete that information and/or use that information only to respond to that child to inform him or her that we must have parental consent before receiving his or her personal information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at: email@example.com. Parents and guardians are solely responsible to monitor and regulate their children’s usage of our websites and services.
4. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, physical address, e-mail address, telephone number, social security number, credit or financial data, or other identifying number or code (“personal information“);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as websites visited, network traffic data, services and features used, or call record details; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, for example, when you complete online forms, order or manage the services or equipment you purchase from us, customer surveys, sweepstakes or contest entries, or if you request changes to your service through one of our customer service representatives.
- As part of your submission of a question or feedback provided online.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies. These cookies collect information about your activities on our site so that we may provide customized content and facilitate your use of the site. Third parties, including our affiliates, partners, and advertisers, may also place cookies on your computer. These cookies also collect anonymous information to provide details about goods and services that may be of interest to you. Accepting all cookies is voluntary, and you may still use websites if you decline, although you may not be able to access certain services that we offer. You can manually delete cookies once they are placed onto your computer. Consult your web browser for instructions on how to decline and/or delete cookies. These technologies are further discussed in Sections 7 and 8 below.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Without limiting the foregoing, we do not routinely monitor the activity of user accounts except for measurements of system utilization, general statistical analyses and the preparation of billing records and logs which result in the gathering of minimal Personally Identifiable Information, including names and e-mail addresses of visitors to this website. We reserve the right to monitor bandwidth, usage, and content from time to time to operate our services; to identify violations of our polices; and/or to protect the network and our users. We will at all times comply with applicable laws, such as copyright law, and cooperate with law enforcement authorities and system administrators at other Internet service providers or other network or computing facilities. Such compliance and cooperation may include providing the username, IP address, or other Personally Identifiable Information about a website user or services subscriber.
5. Collection and Use of Information from Apps
6. Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages and/or you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
7. Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
9. How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form). For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
10. Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Clearwave Fiber’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Clearwave Fiber about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it (for example, credit checks or provision of requested services or equipment).
- To improve or expand usage of our services and offerings to you and other users or potential users of services;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any applicable law, court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- To protect the personal safety of our users or the public or to protect and defend our rights or property or the rights or property of our customers, other internet users, or the functioning of our network;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Clearwave Fiber, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
11. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form). You can also always opt out by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form) or at any other time by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience, or other transactions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
13. Contact Information
1375 Chatham Parkway
Savannah, Georgia 31405
Attn: Legal Department