Our 100% Fiber Network is
We are excited to be able to bring fast, reliable Internet to your community and are committed to keeping you informed. To learn more about what to expect while we build our Fiber network in your area, you’ve come to the right place!
What to Expect During Fiber Construction
The communities we serve are very important to us and we want you to have a positive experience from the very start. That’s why we make every effort to provide advanced notification of construction through various communications methods, such as mail and/or door tag.
Our Fiber Construction Process
Planning & Permission
The magic starts with our engineering team designing a detailed plan for most efficiently bringing our Fiber to your area. You may notice our crews in your neighborhood gathering information to inform this build-plan. Decisions include whether our Fiber will be installed underground, on existing utility poles or a combination of the two. Rest assured we work together with local authorities to obtain the required approvals and permissions for the build-plan.
- Public Utilities: Once plans are approved, public utility companies are notified and will identify and mark the location of water, gas, and electrical supply lines, with flags or temporary spray paint. To help avoid impacting these utilities, please do not remove these – we will take care of that after construction is complete. The temporary spray paint used is water-based and will go away with time.
- Private Utilities: If you have private utilities like sprinklers, electric pet fence or septic, there is no need to contact us to let us know – we do our very best to work around them. For any construction-related issues or concerns, please call the help-line for your state: Georgia/Florida: 866-861-5597, Illinois: 800-913-7254, Kansas: 913-586-8008.
At this stage, we’re ready to build our 100% Fiber network. Depending on the custom plan developed for your area, we will use specialized equipment to place Fiber:
- In the ground along public rights-of-way and/or easements that may be located on your property (e.g. if your backyard falls within an easement). Rest assured we’ve secured the proper approvals with your town.
- Aerially, on existing utility poles. For the safety of you and our crew, we may need to trim trees or branches during this process. In areas where we may need access to utility poles in the easement to the rear of your property, we will notify you if we identify a concern with access to an alley driveway or other obstacle.
- Using a combination of the above methods.
Our team of professionals will then splice and test the Fiber connection to ensure it is lightning-fast.
Completion & Cleanup
We understand that construction may be disruptive, but we want to assure you that we will do our best to avoid property damage and take great care to clean-up upon construction completion. If you have any construction-related property concerns, please call the help-line for your state and we’ll be glad to assist you:
Order, Install, & Go Fiber-Fast
Place your order and we’ll schedule your frustration-free installation so you can stream, surf, work, learn, shop and play at the speed of light on our 100% Fiber network. Check out our plans now.
Our construction teams are focused on deploying leading-edge Fiber technology to your area while minimizing disruption to you and your neighbors. However, we know that mistakes sometimes happen and we want to make it right. To report any issues or concerns associated with your neighborhood build-out please contact us at the number associated with your location below:
Why Wait? Be First in Line for Fiber.
While construction is temporary, your enhanced Internet experience will be permanent.
Pre-order now to be first in line to experience the Fiber difference!
Fiber-optic enables delivery of the fastest, most reliable Internet speeds to support the growing number of connected devices your family needs to work, learn, surf, game, and stream entertainment. Clearwave Fiber installs Fiber to the Home (FTTH) network, which is considered the ‘gold standard’ delivery of Fiber Internet and is currently enjoyed by only 15% of homes in the U.S.
Our Clearwave Fiber Construction team is focused on deploying leading-edge Fiber technology to your community while minimizing disruption to you and your neighbors. We work with the utility companies in your area to identify the location of water, gas, and electrical supply lines. To ensure that we can avoid impacting these utilities, please do not remove the flags. Our team will take care of that once construction is complete. Any temporary spray paint used to mark these locations is water-based and will go away with time.
If you have private utilities like sprinklers, electric pet fence or septic, there is no need to contact us to let us know – we do our very best to work around them. For any construction-related issues or concerns, please call the help-line for your state: Georgia/Florida: 866-861-5597, Illinois: 800-913-7254, Kansas: 913-586-8008.
For everyone’s safety, markers and paint should remain in place until network installation is complete. The temporary spray paint used is water-based, so will go away with time.
Clearwave Fiber has the legal right to access the designated utility easements typically located within a strip of land running along the street, sidewalk, the rear lot line, or between two lots. If the easement is within a fenced-in yard, crews will need your help accessing the area.
The municipality owns small, specific portions of each property to be able to access and maintain city utilities. We work with the municipality to access these areas during construction.
The two ways include underground where Fiber is buried in conduit in-the-ground, and aerial building where Fiber is placed above-ground typically on existing utility poles.
Main conduit will be placed approximately 3 feet underground. Connections between individual locations and the main line are typically placed no more than 1 foot underground.
Construction projects vary in length based on the size of the neighborhood or community, the layout of the streets, etc. Our teams will work as quickly as possible.
While our Clearwave Fiber Construction Teams will make every effort to minimize disruption to you and your neighbors, we know that mistakes sometimes happen and we are here to help. Construction-related property concerns should be reported by calling the help line for your state: